PET LOSS COUNSELORS
Vive la Vita Therapies-Pet
Loss & Bereavement Counselling
Serving Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge, Elora, Fergus and surrounding areas of Waterloo Region, Wellington County and the GTA.
Daybreak Counselling Services, Laurel Horn
University of Saskatchewan Veterinary Medical Center: Veterinary Social Work Services
For many, animals are beloved family members, friends and companions. When they are sick or injured, owners experience a variety of emotions and challenges.
As part of the treatment team at the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre, the Veterinary Social Work Program is here to support you through this difficult time.
- Offering emotional support during diagnostic testing, treatment or euthanasia
- Helping you communicate your questions and concerns to your veterinary medical team
- Helping you communicate your animal's illness and possible death to your children
- Helping you and your family work through your loss
- Support and referral for farm stress due to issues with your herd or production animals
- Support and referral for family members who are caring for seriously ill pets
- Support and referral for issues such as abuse (animals/people) and alcohol/drug addictions
Phone: 306-966-2852 for social work services
France Carlos is a therapist designed to help guide our clients who are struggling to cope with their grief. One or two meetings can make all the difference. She is also the author of a book on Animal Mourning, titled Deuil animalier.
PET LOSS SUPPORT GROUPS
Ontario Pet Loss Support Group
(905) 637-5233 Burlington
(905) 272-4040 Mississauga
(905) 842-2252 Oakville
(416) 782-1197 Toronto
Day by Day Pet Caregiver Support
GREATER TORONTO AREA
Metro Toronto Animal Loss Support Group: D. Elizabeth Mayhew (416)264-6125
Ontario Pet Loss: http://www.ontariopetloss.org/
Mississauga Pets: http://www.mississaugapets.com/petloss.html
Sessions are offered in the following locations:
Mississauga area (905) 272-4040
Oakville area (905) 842-2252
Burlington area (905) 637-5233
Pet Loss Support Group Ottawa
Monthly meetings on the second Wednesday of every month, please see website for dates and locations
Pawsway Pet Loss Support Group
Time: First Saturday of each month 11:30am-1pm, see website
for calendar for the next available session No charge but Registration
is required! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.